Panopto is the video platform used by the University of Iceland, teachers use it to record or stream lectures and teaching material. The Panopto recorder is relatively easy to use and the recordings can be accessed from most browsers and devices.
Panopto can be used wherever you are. The Panopto client is set up in every classroom at the University but teachers can also set it up on their own computers and record from home. The program is available for download in Canvas, simply navigate to the course you want to record for, click on Panopto Video - then create and record a new session
No recordings visible
If you or your students do not see recordings, it is most likely due to the fact that you are not logged on into the correct server on rec.hi.is:
Below are links that can help solve the most common issues that can arise when using Panopto:
- Panopto provides extensive documentation in English on their website: Panopto documentation
- How to set up a recording in the Panopto recorder: ensk útgáf af https://uts.hi.is/node/1418
- The Teaching Centre provides a lot of instructions for Panopto on their website (only in Icelandic): Panopto og upptökur á fyrirlestrum
- A video by the Teaching Centre explaining the error message "You do not have access to view this session" (only in Icelandic): How to gain access to recordings on the University's Panopto servers
- A video by the Teaching Centre explaining how to login to https://rec.hi.is (only in Icelandic): Logging into Ugla or Moodle on rec.hi.is
You can contact support for Panopto (or Zoom) by calling 5550 or sending an email to email@example.com.