Here you will see how you install a script for Windows 8 and 8.1 and how to connect to eduroam.
Always use your e-mail address as username when connecting to eduroam.
Install script for eduroam
1) Start by downloading the script by clicking on the "Download" button below:
2) Click on "Save file":
3) Click "OK" when(if) asked "Open Executable File?":
4) Then you will see the eduroam installer. Click on "Next":
5) Now you will get a warning. Accept by clicking on "OK". (If you do not have a user-name and password from the University of Iceland you might need to get the script from your own school/University here: https://cat.eduroam.org/)
6) Now you will insert your University's e-mail address (the same as you use for Ugla with @hi.is) and password, and then click "Install":
7) Now you have completed the eduroam installation and should be able to connect to eduroam in buildings available around the world. Click "Finish":
Connect to eduroam:
There are a few ways to connect to eduroam in Windows 8 and 8.1 but we only show one way on how to do it here.
8) Open the "Charms bar" by placing the cursor at the right end of the screen or by holding down the "Windows key" and press "C" on the keyboard. Choose "Settings". (You can also press the "Windows key" and "I" to enter "Settings"):
9) Choose "Available", "Network" or "WiFi":
10) Choose "eduroam" from the list of available networks:
11) Check "Connect automatically" so the computer will connect automatically every time you are located at the University. Then click "Connect":
12) Now you will be asked to insert your username and password. Always use your e-mail address as username when connecting to eduroam. Type it in and click "OK".
Note: Use the same username and password as in Ugla but remember to type in @hi.is behind your username:
Now your computer should be connected to the wirless network (eduroam).
If you are having problems with connecting please contact our IT Help Desk.