Many staff members have there own workstation located in an office. Many of those computers need to have a fixed IP-address and this is how you insert it for Windows 8.
1) To start the Network and Sharing Center, we suggest that you open the Start screen (Metro desktop) by pressing the Windows button on the keyboard or go down to the left bottom corner and click the Windows icon.
2) Start typing "network" and click on "Settings" to the right. Then find to the left "Network and Sharing Center" and click on it:
3) Click "Change adapter settings" on the left side of Network and Sharing Center:
4) Right click "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties":
5) Click "Internet Protocol Version 4" and Properties:
6) You put the IP address in the window below. Check “Use the following IP address” and “Use the following DNS server address”.
You have probably received an IP address by now if you have applied for one. Where is says IP address you type the address you were given.
Then you need to fill Subnet mask (usually 255.255.255.0) and Default gateway (usually 130.208.same as for the third area in the IP address.254).
For Preferred DNS server you type 184.108.40.206 and for Alternate server 220.127.116.11:
7) Click OK and OK again and the net card should be ready by now with a fixed IP address.