There are currently 5 scanners on campus, which are located in computer labs in Háskólatorg 204, Askja 166, Árnagarður 318, Stakkahlíð (Smidja) and VR-II 260.
See here for more details: Computer labs. Note that scanning is free of charge.
How to scan
1) The screen below should be the first one you see on the machine. Click on E-mail:
2) Now you have to log on. Click on the fields you want to fill out:
3) Type your Ugla username without @hi.is and password. The screen below is the one you use to type the text. You can change between lower case and capital letters by using Shift:
4) The scanning is sent as an email. So in this step you choose the recipient of the email in the empty field below "To:" You type your own email address if you want to send the scanning to yourself. Here you need to type the complete mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org):
5) In the final step you press the Send E-mail button to start the scanning process.
If you click on "More Options" you are able to change a few things like if you want it as .jpg, .raw or even .pdf. There are also more settings there you can change.