All HÍ phone numbers have a voice mail, which are quite simple in use.
The following instructions are in fact the same as the ones inbuilt to the system.
- Dial 5199 on the phone.
- A reading of English instructions starts, which you need to follow.
- First you will be asked for a so called temporary password. This is your phone number, which you will need to dial.
- You will be asked to choose a new password, which should be 4 digits, not the same as your phone number. The rules are: the digits may not be in a row (1234 or 5678) or the same digit 4 times in a row. The row of digits should be irregular but something easy for you to remember. After you have dialled the password you prefer you will be asked to press “hash” which is the # on the phone. You need to use your password to get an access to the messages in the voice mail, the process will be described later. The most important thing is to remember the password you have chosen.
- You will be asked to read you name out loud and it will be played to you. If you are satisfied with the outcome you should press “hash” or the #. If you would like to read your name again you should press the star or * on the phone and say your name again and press # when satisfied.
- You will be asked to choose a greeting or a message for the voicemail. Please do not use the inbuilt one but rather use your own text in either Icelandic or English. Press 2 on your phone, read your greeting out loud and press # when satisfied with the outcome. You can repeat the process if not satisfied by pressing * like in step 5 and read the greeting again.
- If you would like to change either your password or the greeting later on, please follow the steps below:
- Change the password: Dial 5199, you will be asked for your password. After listening to the voice mail’s reply, about received messages, press 4 on the phone. Now you are able to select some personal choices. Press 2 for “change administrative options”. Press 1 and you will be asked to dial a new password. Press # when done dialling the new password.
- Change the greeting: Dial 5199, you will be asked for your password. After listening to the voice mail’s reply, about received messages, press 4 on the phone. Now you are able to select some personal choices. Press 3 for “greetings”, press 1 for “recording a personal greeting”, press 2 for “change greetings” and press 1 and read the new message out loud. Press # when done reading the greeting out loud.
Your voice mail should be ready for use after following the steps above
- Every time you want to activate the voice mail please press *21*5199 and the phone won’t be ringing when someone calls you, instead the call goes directly to the voice mail. You can also adjust the phone to *61*5199 and the phone rings the first four ringings and the goes to the voice mail. The one calling will then hear your greeting and is able to leave you one.
- If you want to know of about any new messages in your voice mail please dial 5199 and you will be asked for a password. If you have any existing messages they will be played. You will have a choice to erase messages by pressing 7 or keeping them by pressing 9 on the phone.
- You can call your voice mail from outside your office if you want to check for new messages. This can be done by calling 525-5199. You will be asked if you own a “mailbox”, if so then press “hash” or #. After pressing # you need to dial the mailbox number, which is you phone number (4 digits). After dialling the number you are connected to your phone number and will be asked for your password. You should be able to listen to the messages by now.
- Press #21# in order to deactivate the voice mail adjustments.