Here you can see how you connect your Windows 8 computer with a wireless printer so you can print directly from you computer. The computer needs to be already connected with eduroam (wireless connection at the university).
1) First you need to open the location where available printers are listed. Write \\nemprent.rhi.hi.is either directly in the addressbar in any open folder or click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner and type in: \\nemprent.rhi.hi.is. Then press Enter:
2) A window appears asking you to enter your username and password. You need to type CS\ in front of the username and then type your password for Ugla.
Note! If the window above does not appear you need to map the network drive. Go to step 10 and instead of using \\nemprent.rhi.hi.is\loginprent you use \\nemprent.rhi.hi.is Then go back to step 3 when done mapping the drive.
3) A window appears with available printers:
Click here for the printers’ location.
4) In order to connect to a printer right-click the printer and choose connect.
5) A warning window appears with the messages about a missing driver. Click "OK":
6) A list of printer manufacturer and printers now pop up. If the computer does not have the printer you need you will have to download and install the driver manually. The easiest way is to download the drivers from the printers’ website e.g. www.hp.com. Find the printer in the list and click "OK" or when finished downloading and installing the driver you need to select the driver manually by clicking "Have disk":
7) Click "OK" after selecting the right driver and the installation starts. Please be aware the installation could take a while.
8) To be able to print again next time you are on campus without connecting manually you need to map the printers drive. Follow the same instructions as for mapping your personal drive except where you are asked to type in \\heima.rhi.hi.is\username you type in \\nemprent.rhi.hi.is\loginprent.