If you experience the Student housing connection has been cut off there are some things you can check:
- The traffic has been limited due to virus infection or too much out/in traffic, in this case you will receive an e-mail regarding the limitation from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The possibility of registering the wrong MAC address. Make sure to register the MAC address of the Ethernet net card, not the Wireless net card.
- Adjust a Proxy server if you are unable to browse outside the University's website. This can also be done if your traffic has been limited.
- Make sure the net card is not adjusted for a fixed IP address.
- Check other adjustments of the net card.
- Turn off the Firewall e.g. Zone alarm, Norton or Trend PC-cillin because they tend to stop the traffic.
- Use an undamaged and recognized net cable.
- Make sure you are registered for the apartment by calling 5700800 (student housing office).
- Make sure the net card is working properly and the drivers have been installed.
Student-housing has networking service as well every weekday between 17 and 20 in this telephonenumber: 8200708