Here you will see how you install a script for Linux to connect to eduroam:
Always use your e-mail address as username when connecting to eduroam.
Install script for eduroam:
2) Open up a Terminal and type in the following commands:
- cd Downloads/ (or find the correct location where the downloaded script from step 1 can be found)
- ls (To get a list of all files in that folder to see if the script is located there)
- chmod 777 eduroam-linux-TUoI.sh2
3) Click here on "OK":
4) Click on "Yes":
5) Here you will insert your University's e-mail address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then click "OK":
6) Then you will insert you password. The same as for Ugla and webmail and click "OK":
7) Repeat your password and click "OK":
8) Then you should see this window telling you that the installation was successful: Now you should be able to connect to eduroam in buildings around the world where it is available. Click "OK":
Connect to eduroam:
9) Now when you are located where eduroam is available you simply connect by choosing "eduroam" on the available Wireless list:
If you still are not able to connect you should restart your device.
If you are having problems with connecting please contact our IT Help Desk.