Adding members to a team is simple. You can add them by name and/or email address or invite several people at the same time with a link. Below are instructions on how to do this. First for individuals and then with a link.
Add members to a team
1) Open Teams and click on "Teams" tab. Then click on the three dots next to the team's name and choose "Add member":
2) Follow those steps:
- Enter the person's name or email address and select the appropriate person from the list that appears. You can add multiple users to the field before clicking "Add".
- Members then appear below the field. From there, you can choose whether they should be "Owners" or just "Members". It's good practice to have at least two owners for each group.
- Once you've added everyone you want, click "Close".
Send an invitation to many users at once
If you want to add a lot of people to the team, it can be time-consuming to fill out the above form. It might be better to send an invitation to a group of people. For example, you can send an invitation to everyone on a mailing list or in a notification. This is how to do it:
1) Open Teams and click on "Teams" tab. Then click on the three dots next to the team's name and choose "Get link to team":
2) Click "Copy" to copy the link and send it to people:
3) When people click the link they will be asked to send a request to access this team. When they have done so you need to approve the request. Click on "Teams" tab. Then click on the three dots next to the team's name and choose "Manage team":
4) Choose the "Pending Request" tab and then "Accept all" or "Accept" or "Deny" individual requests: